28 July 2007

Thoughts

I do not run for the Presidency merely to oppose any man, but to propose new policies. I run because I am convinced that this country is on a perilous course and because I have such strong feelings about what must be done, and I feel that I'm obliged to do all I can.

Kennedy stood on a ticket of racial and economic justice, non-aggression in foreign policy, decentralization of power and social improvement. A crucial element to his campaign was an engagement with the young, whom he identified as being the future of a reinvigorated American society based on partnership and equality.


What if Robert Kennedy hadn't been assassinated?

What do our current presidential candidates stand for? Or rather, what do they stand for that's anywhere near as vital or crucial as the things that people like RFK stood for? Where have the Ginsbergs and Kings of our generation gone? Are we so bereft of soul and substance as a nation that our voices are those self-serving, disingenuous cries of Al Sharpton and assorted Fox News pundits?

When will our voice come?

And where is our path leading?

and, no, I haven't seen Bobby nor am I intending to, so stop asking

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to check out this Kennedy person...sounds interesting...