29 June 2007

The Kind of Leave Where You Never Come Back

This amused me.
Good Day, Katharine!

Can you provide the last day of work for Mr. _____ _____ (xxx-xx-xxxx)?

Also, Prudential needs to confirm the type of Leave for Mr. _____ (i.e. personal or medical). Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Charles


Charles-

Mr. _____'s last day at work was 09/26/06. Also, he is dead, not on leave. Please inform Prudential of this fact.

Thank you!

-Katharine

I can't decide if I should have been more professional in my response or not. Yes, I could have used the word "deceased" or the term "has passed away." But I really think they should just be grateful that I didn't say "he bought the farm, dumbass - you should know, since you're looking at the exact same data in the same system as I am."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have said "he's on a permenant leave" or he's "vacationing in heaven". GOD, i love the people you deal with.