11 June 2007

Define:Irony

On Friday, I tripped and fell. Actually, it was more like I went ass-over-teakettle and bit it, hard, in front of the entire department, all of whom were gathered to celebrate a fellow co-worker's birthday. I mean, drink-in-my-hand-flying-everywhere, bruised-and-rugburned-knees, sprained-ankle, down-for-the-count bit it. And since it was only my second week on the job, I'm sure I'll be known for at least the next few months as "that girl who busted her ass in front of everyone."

But here's my favorite part: I tripped and fell over a stack of safety posters that had been waiting to be hung on the walls for about six weeks.

If that's not a euphimism for Human Resources in general, I don't know what is.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Classic. Reminds me of something you'd see in one of those teen movies where the new girl at school makes a bad first impression.

Pancho said...

Please tell me you tried to play it off like it was not big deal, or like you were trying to make a point. I once fainted on the first day of a ten day long Wilderness First Responder class. All of the other students thought it was part of the class...I wish I'd had the heart to go along with it instead of looking like a giant douchebag. Kudos.