03 August 2007

Sound Off

It looks like I'll be hitting the road tonight, driving up to Dallas for some family matters. I truly loathe Dallas and find it very unfortunate that so many of my family members have chosen to reside there instead of, well, any other place in the world. Dallas is a pit, a void; I don't even consider it part of Texas. That's how much I hate Dallas.

Anyway, to pass the interminable hours that I'll be spending in the hospital surrounded by emotional cripples, I'd like some book suggestions. I know you're out there, people. I get at least 100 hits a day -- although I don't know why or where most of you are coming from or even how you found me in the first place, you weirdos -- so one of you has got to have a suggestion for a book or two that I can pick up at B&N on my way out of town.

I'm going to try not to be too picky here, but please don't suggest any of the following:

- Freakonomics
- The Secret
- Anything associated with Oprah or her "Book Club"
- Any James Patterson or his ilk
- Tuesdays With Morrie
- Anything that you think might o-ffend mah delicate sensibilities (i.e., book-snobbishness)

...or you will get a hatchet to the face.

That is all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hatchet..Face...have you been watching Cry-Baby again?? maybe you shoud by the paperback version of the film??

K said...

If only. That would be the most trashtastic piece of trash since "Flowers in the Attic." And it would be LOVE.

Herb said...

Why the Dallas hatred??

I just read Blink by Malcolm Gladwell, definitely worth the $3.90 at Half-Price Books.

Herb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Mr. Maybe or Jemima J. - I can't remember the author, but I believe I frightened the person next to me on the plane to Florida with how often I laughed.

K said...

Snood: it's taken me entirely too long to respond to this, but here's your answer:

Because I guarantee you that every person you've ever met from Dallas thought that they were better than you. Total snobs.